Sensations come from emotions – positive or negative. When we lean in we can find pleasure (ie. really great sensation) gives us energy, necessary nurturing, and healing.
My favorite takeaways from Sensations and all the feels
- Strong negative emotions teach us deeper compassion than we could imagine
- Resistance leads us
- Sitting with your emotions can be difficult and freeing at the same time
- Experiencing negative emotions brings us gratitude for the good ones
Tools Eowyn and I use to stay feeling our sensations.
- Connecting with your breath
- Yoga Nidra
- Simple visualization to release fear through gratitude
- Reminding ourselves to expand instead of contract
To learn more about the exercise we spoke about in today’s episode – how to feel and hear your body listen to the Grounding Journey Episode – Soul Chat with Angelina Deweese
Unedited transcripts of this episode available to read.
To Connect with Eowyn Levene you can find her
Podcast – Creatives Do Money
Check out the Bonus episode where we discuss Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Whether you consider yourself a creative professional or a novice creator Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert will inspire you to flow creatively and stop judging your perfection level. Eowyn and I share our favorite takeaways from “don’t argue for your limitations” to “done is better than perfect.” If you haven’t read this book, listen in, and we’ll convince you that you should.
LINK TO PURCHASE Big Magic