Unscripted and uncertain of where the discussion about family and healing will go, I was delighted to speak with Johanna Lynn about the deeper levels of healing family history.
When I scheduled with her a few weeks ago, I was still reeling from losing my grandmother and thought we would discuss forgiveness and moving through grief.
What I found was so much more profound.
For nearly a decade, I have believed and dug into the healing we must do for past generations to prevent our children and grandchildren from repeating our ancestors’ past. I was so excited to discuss this with an expert on the topic.
We jump right into discussing that understanding is better than forgiveness.
My favorite Aha’s from Family… It’s complicated.
- Is when we discuss the DNA imprint left on generations to come during a woman’s pregnancy.
- How forgiveness for someone isn’t actually what we seek, instead compassion is more freeing.
- If you are struggling with forgiveness, this is an episode worth listening to more than once
To Connect with Johanna Lynn you can find her on Facebook.
Check out the Bonus episode where we discuss The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Finally, I’m able to discuss the Alchemist. An easy read with so many soul nuggets. We share 4 with you.
1. Looking into someone else’s soul is where you find beauty.
2. Go for it. That’s where you find courage.
3. Sometimes it’s not settling, but part of another’s journey.
4. Be careful what you share with the universe. She’s listening.
If you haven’t read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, you have been missing out! Written by one of the best selling and most influential writers of our time The Alchemist is a delightful book for any age. Even my husband enjoyed it.