Cozy sounds like wrapping up in a blanket in front of the fire, what Krista Resnick shares with us is that cozy is being at home within yourself, connecting with self and allowing for space to connect with ourselves and others. Join me as we get cozy in today’s chat and understand the importance of being cozy in our own skin.
How to’s you can add to your toolbox after this episode
- Hot lemon water is excellent in the morning (and works just as well with coffee)
- Soul Stroll- take your soul for a stroll.
- I’m not broken and I don’t need to be fixed.
- Tips for creating a cozy external environment, for allowing space for the cozy internal environment to flourish.
- Soul taps are a chance for us to connect with what our hearts are saying when we listen.
My favorite takeaways from Cozy Within Yourself.
- Vulnerability for the win
- Cozy is internal and external and includes all five senses
- Cozy is an attitude, not a feeling
- True self-care is not mani & pedi’s; it’s connecting with self (ok, I already knew that one, but I liked hearing how Krista defines and experiences self-care)
- You can not add to your worthiness, you can not take away from your worthiness, you are worthy because you opened your eyes today.
- When at the edge of darkness, sit and be still with yourself.
- It’s more valuable to know WHO YOU ARE, not what you’ve done. Take time to get to know YOU
- Self-care is not selfish
To Connect with Krista you can find her on Facebook.
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/kristaresnick/
Check Out Krista’s Website
Podcast – The Selfish Badass
Resources/books mentioned in this episode
I’m a huge fan of daily readers to start your journey with meditation. One of my FAVORITES is Journey to the Heart by Melody Beaty
Listen in while Krista and I discuss Worthy Human by Tracy Litt in our BONUS episode
Krista shares with us why she loves Worthy Human and what attracted her to Tracy’s work in the first place. It’s a fun story. Her most significant takeaways from Worthy Human are
- you don’t have to be a victim to your thoughts
- choosing your thoughts and running your mind are two different things
- you are enough because you opened your eyes today
Worthy Human – Discusses in the bonus episode a must read!
Find out more about Tracy Litt